Thursday, May 7, 2015

Blog Entry #1

28th April 2015
     The time had finally come for me to get off the fence and stand up to do something, as much as I dislike it….. We had a meeting with the very young co-founders of Made-Real that were about our age to discuss about what we were supposed to do for the internship programme.

     Our group consisted of Qi Wen, Me, Ging Yang, Wei Jie, Zyi and Roseann. Qi Wen and I were assigned to research on virality and how to make posts on social media popular and effective while Ging Yang and Wei Jie were in charge of the websites and Roseann and Zyi were the social media posters. They gave us a couple of links to start with and honestly speaking, they helped a lot. After seeing the “hype” that Ging Yang brought to the team, I decided to work harder and dig a little deeper for my research.


     So far, after visiting the website called “Virality Explained”, I learnt that for a good viral video, it must contain a good and easy trigger. For example, a trigger to a video is something that reminds you of the video. Other viral videos such as “Gangnam Style” all have successful triggers as they are being repeated over radios and supermarket speakers. Successful videos also contain emotional elements such as cute animations or animals that tug at the heart strings. I am planning to share my findings in the next meeting we have so as to give them ideas on what kind of a video to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment